Think the freshest of beer poured into your glass just as the master brewer intended – that’s what we are excited to be offering you at the Union Rooms
We’re the only bar between London & Edinburgh dispensing Brewery Fresh Tank Staropramen, which matures right up to the moment it hits your glass.
It’s not surprising that this famed Czechoslovakian beer is an international favourite and we’re proud to be bringing a little taste of Prague right here, to Newcastle.
So raise your glass and as they say in Prague - “Na zdravi”!
Why is Staropramen tank beer different?
Tank beer is brewery-fresh and unpasteurised direct from the Staropramen brewery in Prague. We have our own Staropramen tanks, providing the perfect beer drinking experience - Shortest way to get beer directly from brewery to glass.
- Tastes just as it would in the brewery
What does unpasteurised mean?
- Pasteurisation is a common preservation technique used widely in the food and drink industry
- Pasteurisation enables beer to have a shelf life of anything up to one year, which supermarkets generally request, without worrying that the flavour will be spoiled by micro-biological contamination
- Unpasteurised beer is often seen as a sign of more natural, and therefore superior quality
- When a brewmaster wants to demonstrate their skills at brewing a quality beer, the true measure of the quality of that beer is how good it tastes right from the brewing vessel – this is as close as we can get to provide that experience to the consumer.
What is Staropramen?
Staropramen is a classic 5% Czech pilsner that represents the traditional “golden” side of Prague and its beer brewing history –
- Staropramen has been brewed in Prague since 1869,
- Staropramen is the number one Czech beer in the UK
- Staropramen is brewed using the finest Czech ingredients of the highest quality, including premium Czech hops
- A classic Czech pilsner (5% ABV), Staropramen is smooth to taste with a well-rounded, soft malty flavour and is perfect for any occasion
- Appearance – Golden, clear, mid-carbonation
- Aroma – Fine, hoppy, slightly fruity/honey tones
- Taste – Refreshing, well balanced bitterness, malty
- Mouth Feel – Medium bodied
- Finish – rounded bitterness, appetising
A pint of our Staropramen tank beer pairs perfect with our Main Menu dishes including all types of meat - particularly beef, pork and lamb.
If you prefer Staropramen Keg this rounded taste beer will also be served on all of our bars within the Union Rooms. A premium larger from Prague, brewed with love and passion for nearly 150, years.